Your idea does not have to bring a revolution, but it should rather be a new perspective. For example; a humane view on design, a critical view on design thinking, a toolkit to decolonizing design, or anything else that you feel passionate about.
We do want to ensure that our readers get the best content on the subject therefore you will allow us to challenge you as well. If your article gets accepted, we will collaborate with giving you some feedback to ensure that we move in-parallel and you can do potential revisions until both ends are satisfied.
Every accepted contributor gets:
– 250€ stipend
– Invitation to our Slack space
– Chance to build this community together with us (if they want to)
What we are looking for
We ask you for some basic information about yourself and an outline of your idea (200-300 words minimum). It can be a short paragraph, bullet points, or even a draft. We ask you to be descriptive and clear so that we can understand the point you are trying to communicate, so that we can reach you to discuss further and share feedback. However please note that we accept only original content and not already published content (and it goes without saying; we do not tolerate plagiarism).
It is 2023 so we also have to say this: please don’t use ChatGPT or any other AI generators for your articles. We are looking for YOU in the article not generated content.
Before you submit your proposal, do take a look at our already published articles. For all accepted content, the outcome article:
- Outlines a clear thesis and argument. Get to the point, no meaningless meandering.
- Is human, bold and most importantly you. Sure, your company and your product are interesting, but no.
- Has a clear target audience in the constellation we know as design.
- Is evidence-based and facts back your arguments. Opinions are great, but they don’t get us far. Also include your sources if you used any!
- Contributes to holistic design. Consider our principles!
- Submit your proposal
Publishing an article
Your article should be in a readable and accessible format. The preferred method is Google Docs for easy feedback and communication. We would like to publish articles between 1000 to 2500 words depending on subject complexity. You will be responsible for visual material as well as proper attribution. Once we have your submission ready, we will schedule it for publishing, however, exact estimates are hard to make. So be patient with us!